Baker Web Academy Admissions Process
Note: Enrollment is currently CLOSED for the 18/19 school year for first semester, we are accepting applications for after Semester 1 starting 1/30/19. Some regions may have a short wait list while we finalize our summer and fall applications. The following regions are on a temporary wait list: SALEM, CENTRAL OREGON and SOUTHERN OREGON. Reserve your spot now by filling out an application!
To get started with Baker Web Academy (K-12), please follow these steps:
1. Application- We are now accepting applications for the 2018 - 2019 academic year (Grades K-11 only), if you would like to apply please click here: 18/19 Baker Web Academy Application.
2. Enrollment Paperwork- Work with our admissions office to finish paperwork, including the Intent to Enroll forms that you’ll receive from our enrollment specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Curriculum– Start thinking about your curriculum options and choices.
4. Logins– Students receive information about their logins to diagnostic testing, school email, and Canvas LMS.
5. Diagnostic Placement Test– All students take a diagnostic test to establish a benchmark. Grades K-2 will take Dibels for reading and grades 3-10 will use Star360. Math diagnostics for grades K-10 will be Star360.
6. Orientation Course– Students and parents spend 3-6 hours learning how to navigate our virtual school system.
7. Initial Home Visit– Initial home visits usually take between 1-2 hours. We will review the application packet, get to know your student, go over curriculum choices, set up your computer, and walk you through roles/responsibilities.
Baker Web College and Web + 1 Admissions Details
Apply for Web College (full-time college for current BWA students)
Apply for Web + 1 (one college class per term- full for 18/19 school year)
Fall Term 2018-2019 - Open (10th – 11th Grade Only)
BEC/BWC Application deadline is May 1st, 2018.
Placement test deadline is May 28th, 2018.
Web + 1 Application deadline is April 20th, 2018.
Winter Term 2018-2019 - Open (10th - 11th Grade Only)
BEC/BWC Application deadline is October 22nd, 2018
Placement test deadline is November 2nd, 2018
Spring Term 2018-2019 - Open (10th - 11th Grade Only)
BEC/BWC Application deadline is January 4th, 2019
Placement test due by January 18th, 2019
12th Graders – Baker Web Academy is no longer enrolling 12th grade students, as our senior class is full. We are currently accepting only K-11th grade applications. (Baker Web College will accept 12th grade students but not Baker Web Academy)
Expulsions – Baker Web Academy does not accept enrollment requests for students who have been expelled from other educational institutions without review of the expulsion conditions by administration. Enrollment requests may be denied pending administrative review of expulsion.
Waitlists and Term Cutoffs – Although you can submit new BWA Applications at any time, our ability to accept new enrollments closes when we have reached our cap for each region, and new applications are placed on a waitlist. Also, after each semester’s cut-off dates, we continue receiving BWA Applications but delay enrollments until a new term starts.
Contact us if you have any questions!
BWA Enrollment Specialist: Kim Morris
BWC & Web +1 Enrollment Specialist: Kimberly Linn
BWC & Web +1 Transition Specialist: Jen Vesbit