Baker Web Academy Admissions Process
Note: 18/19 Enrollment is now CLOSED. We are accepting applications for K-11 for the 19/20 school year. Next year some regions may have a short wait list. You may secure a spot on our waitlist by filling out an application now.
To get started with Baker Web Academy (K-12), please follow these steps:
1. Application- We are now accepting applications for the 2019 - 2020 academic year (Grades K-11 only), if you would like to apply please click here: 19/20 Baker Web Academy Application. NOTE: IF YOU HAVE EVER ATTENDED BAKER WEB ACADEMY, PLEASE EMAIL KIM MORRIS AT KMORRIS@BAKERCHARTERS.ORG, TO RECEIVE YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD FOR OUR NEW SYSTEM.
If you would like to fill out an application for the 19/20 school year please fill the 19/20 Baker Web Academy Application.
2. Enrollment Paperwork- Work with our admissions office to finish paperwork, including the Intent to Enroll forms that you’ll receive from our enrollment specialist, email@example.com.
3. Curriculum– Start thinking about your curriculum options and choices.
4. Logins– Students receive information about their logins to diagnostic testing, school email, and Canvas LMS.
5. Diagnostic Placement Test– All students take a diagnostic test to establish a benchmark. Grades K-2 will take Dibels for reading and grades 3-10 will use Star360. Math diagnostics for grades K-10 will be Star360.
6. Orientation Course– Students and parents spend 3-6 hours learning how to navigate our virtual school system.
7. Initial Home Visit– Initial home visits usually take between 1-2 hours. We will review the application packet, get to know your student, go over curriculum choices, set up your computer, and walk you through roles/responsibilities.
Baker Web College and Web + 1 Admissions Details
WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR BAKER EARLY COLLEGE OR BAKE WEB COLLEGE FOR 18/19. PLEASE FILL OUT AN APPLICATION FOR 19/20 IF YOU WANT TO APPLY!
Application: Web College (For Current BWA Students ONLY)
Fall Term 2019-2020 - Open (10th – 12th Grade Only)
BEC/BWC Application deadline is May 1st, 2019.
Placement test deadline is May 15th, 2019.
Application: Web + 1 (Current BWA Students only- space limited) Application opens March 1st, 2019
Web +1 Application Deadline for 2019 - 2020 school year: May 1st, 2019
Students must be age 16 by September 23rd, 2019 to apply for this program.
Students may take up to one college course per term (Fall 2019, Winter 2020, Spring 2020)
12th Graders – Baker Web Academy is no longer enrolling 12th grade students, as our senior class is full. We are currently accepting only K-11th grade applications. (Baker Web College will accept 12th grade students for fall term only)
Expulsions – Baker Web Academy does not accept enrollment requests for students who have been expelled from other educational institutions without review of the expulsion conditions by administration. Enrollment requests may be denied pending administrative review of expulsion.
Waitlists and Term Cutoffs – Although you can submit new BWA Applications at any time, our ability to accept new enrollments closes when we have reached our cap for each region, and new applications are placed on a waitlist. Also, after each semester’s cut-off dates, we continue receiving BWA Applications but delay enrollments until a new term starts.
Contact us if you have any questions!
BWA Enrollment Specialist: Kim Morris
BEC, BWC & Web +1 Enrollment Specialist: Kimberly Linn
Web +1 inquiries (for current BWA students only): Jen Vesbit