To get started with Baker Web Academy (K-12), please follow these steps:
1. Application- We are now accepting applications for the 2017/18 academic year (Grades K-11 only), if you would like to apply please click here: 17/18 Baker Web Academy Application.
2. Enrollment Paperwork- Work with our admissions office to finish paperwork, including the Intent to Enroll forms that you’ll receive from our enrollment specialist, [email protected].
3. Curriculum– Start thinking about your curriculum options and choices.
4. Logins– Students receive information about their logins to diagnostic testing, school email, and Canvas LMS.
5. Diagnostic Placement Test– All students take a diagnostic test to establish a benchmark. Grades K-2 will take Dibels for reading and grades 3-10 will use Star360. Math diagnostics for grades K-10 will be Star360.
6. Orientation Course– Students and parents spend 3-6 hours learning how to navigate our virtual school system.
7. Initial Home Visit– Initial home visits usually take between 1-2 hours. We will review the application packet, get to know your student, go over curriculum choices, set up your computer, and walk you through roles/responsibilities.
2017/18- BWA Application (K-11 only)
- 12th Graders – Baker Web Academy is no longer enrolling 12th grade students, as our senior class is full. We are currently accepting only K-11th grade applications.
- Expulsions – Baker Web Academy does not accept enrollment requests for students who have been expelled from other educational institutions without review of the expulsion conditions by administration. Enrollment requests may be denied pending administrative review of expulsion.
- Waitlists and Term Cutoffs – Although you can submit new BWA Applications at any time, our ability to accept new enrollments closes when we have reached our cap for each region, and new applications are placed on a waitlist. Also, after each semester’s cut-off dates, we continue receiving BWA Applications but delay enrollments until a new term starts.
Contact us if you have any questions!
BWA Enrollment Specialist: Kim Morris
541-519-6499 [email protected]